Friday, April 2, 2010

2-year anniversary

We make so much out of the seasons of the world. What is all too forgotten is the impact of the seasons of our lives.


Too often we state, "This too will pass." But what we forget are the lessons learned and the experiences gained from each stage of our lives.


Today marks the second anniversary of my blog. I don't know that it's noteworthy, but it's an interesting excuse to look back.

The last two years have been a journey to find myself, in more ways than one. Yes, this blog has largely about one family's attempts to live greener and a less-harried life. But along the way, I've tried to make a healthier lifestyle for me and my family, particularly as I dealt with some health issues and wanted to prevent the same in my children.

We've watched our babies grow from helpless infants to helpful toddlers and preschoolers, anxious to make their mark on the world around us.



We've battled overwork, unemployment, underemployment and the college student life, all of which has taught us little lessons about who we are as a family, where our place is in this world and, most importantly, in what ways we can improve it, no matter how limited our resources, time or size may be.


And with each season of our lives, a lesson learned.


Thanks to all of you who've joined us on our journey.

1 comment:

Corie said...

Happy anniversary! You certainly have been through a lot in the past two years. Here's to two fantastic years ahead! :o)