Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Changes for a New Year

I'll be the first to admit I hate the word "Resolutions." It holds promise - promises of success and promises of failure.

But that doesn't mean I'm not ready for a change, and I'm starting those changes already. I'm hoping that 2014 is the year these changes stick.

Here's what I'm wanting to work on for the new year:

1) Finally budge the scale. I've been stuck at point A for frankly, a decade or more, and I hate it. I've struggled with finding a program that works - I need baby steps to success, not a massive overhaul that I'll abandon with enthusiasm. I recently started the Fitcee program, which is doing just that. (Yes, in the week before Christmas even, the crazy week of programs and birthdays and multiple urgent care visits!) I'll admit I haven't been 100% faithful just yet, but now that the holidays are passed and the Christmas treats are left at my mother's home, I intend to make concepts stick. Even if it means, gasp, trying a heart-healthy avocado.

2) Dump my Diet Coke habit. Again, this is a habit that's been with me since I was a teen (yes, count the decades...) I admit I have an addiction to caffeine, and probably have something to do with the fizziness of soda. My goal is even if I can't completely dump the Diet Cokes, I'd like to be able to significantly reduce them.

3) Get healthy. I know that seems a bit lofty, but I want energy, and normal blood sugars. I'm on the right route but want to continue that journey.

4) Get my finances in check. I'll be honest in that we still haven't recovered from the three years my husband was without a full-time job. We received a Christmas blessing and I hope to use that to kick-start our financial recovery.

What are your goals for the coming year?

5 comments:

Betsy Escandon said...

I'm trying to lose some weight too (post-baby #3). I've gotten back to exercising regularly, which is awesome. Makes me care less about my actual shape b/c I feel so much better. I've curbed the incessant snacking (a habit I let run wild when I'm BFing), but still need to eat much better.

Laura said...

This reminds that I need to cut the snacking here too. And eating after 8. Nasty habits those are! Good luck with your goals and THANKS for linking up with us!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up Robbie! I've never heard of Fitcee before... I'll be checking it out! Best wishes to you in 2014. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

I'm planning for a healthier 2014. Every time I get a running injury, I put on 7 to 8 lbs. and then have to work to get it back off again. I want to get out of that cycle this year, especially since it's getting harder to get the weight back off as I get older.

TheTeaCat said...

Have you considered brewing some kombucha or water kefir to take the place of Diet Coke in your life? It would give you the fizz without the aspartame, with the added bonus of beneficial probiotics in every drink...